corporate giving opportunities
Redirect Your Business Tax Dollars to Benefit the Johnstown Symphony Education Programs
WHAT IS THE PA EDUCATIONAL IMPROVEMENT TAX CREDIT PROGRAM (EITC)?
The Education Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) program of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania provides tax credits to eligible businesses that contribute to Educational Improvement Organizations. The Johnstown Symphony Orchestra is proud to be listed as an approved participant in EITC.
These tax credits are better than tax deductions because they are a dollar for dollar reduction of actual taxes owed to the state government. By participating in the EITC program, these tax dollars can be redirected to support the education programs of the Johnstown Symphony Orchestra (JSO). The JSO provides music education through the Inclined to Sing children's choruses, the Johnstown Symphony Youth Orchestra, and Young People's Concerts.
IS YOUR BUSINESS ELIGIBLE FOR EITC?
A business is eligible to apply for an Education Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) if they are subject to one or more of the following Pennsylvania taxes:
- Corporate Net Income
- Title Insurance Companies Shares
- Capital Stock Franchise
- Insurance Premiums
- Bank & Trust Company Shares
- Mutual Thrift Institutions
- Personal Income Tax of S Corporation Shareholders or Partnership Partners
HOW MUCH OF A BUSINESS'S TAX LIABILITY CAN BE DONATED?
- For a one year commitment, a company can receive a tax credit equal to 75% of the total contribution, up to a maximum of $750,000.
- If a business commits to contribute to the program for two consecutive years, the tax credit increases to 90%, up to a maximum of $750,000.
HOW DOES A BUSINESS APPLY FOR THE EITC PROGRAM?
Application guidelines can be found at www.dced.pa.gov. New participants should file on July 1, the earliest day allowed. Applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis by day submitted, and will be processed until the amount of available tax credits is exhausted.
Much more information about EITC, including guidelines for business eligibility, is available on the PA Department of Community and Economic Development website. Click on the button below.