JOHNSTOWN SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA
We will be the premier orchestra in west-central Pennsylvania and in the Laurel Highlands region. We will be a key artistic asset providing high quality musical experiences that engage audiences in the culturally diverse communities we serve, inspire young musicians, and support regional economic growth and development. We will be financially sustainable through responsible fiscal management by our trustees and staff and the monetary support of businesses, organizations and individuals.
Our Mission is:
• to perform the highest quality classical, modern and popular genres of orchestral music to which all members of our regional community can relate.
• to enhance our region’s cultural environment, quality of life and economic development efforts.
• to inform our audiences of the history and importance of playing, enjoying and supporting the performance of orchestral music.
• to promote and support music education and orchestral performance opportunities for all youth.
• to offer reasonably priced concerts and free community performances to promote broader interest in orchestral music and the JSO.
• to solicit and develop the support of the public, business leaders, philanthropic organizations and individuals to financially sustain JSO performances, programming and our endowment fund.
• to continually monitor and proactively manage and improve our financial and human resources to ensure the long-term endurance of the JSO.